WORK PERMIT REQUIREMENTS
1. Proof of age – Birth Record, Baptismal Record, Driver’s License or DOT Photo ID. Birth records may be obtained from the Register of Deeds in the county of birth.
2. Letter from the employer stating the intent to employ the minor along with the job duties, hours of work and the time of day the minor will be working.
3. Letter from the minor’s parent, guardian or court-ordered foster parent while the minor is under their care and supervision, consenting to the employment. As an alternative, the parent, guardian or foster parent may countersign the employer’s letter.
4. The minor’s social security card (we must see the actual card)
5. School address minor attends or school district.
6. The child must be present to sign the permit.
7. Statutory permit fee is $10.00. The employer is required to pay the permit fee. If the minor advances the fee, the employer shall reimburse the minor not later than the minor’s first pay check.