CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
A Sawyer County Community COVID-19 Screening Hotline has expanded days of operation and will now be open 7 days per week from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. The purpose of this hotline is to help identify people in our community who may be appropriate for coronavirus testing. All individuals who have any of the following respiratory symptoms: cough, fever or shortness of breath should call the hotline at 715-934-4518.
Sawyer County Public Health Office Update
- New - Advisory for Seasonal/Second Home and Rental Property Owners 03-27-20 This advisory is consistent with previous steps taken by the State of Wisconsin, other states, and Sawyer County to control the spread of COVID-19 and the continued need to protect the health, welfare and safety of the people and property in Sawyer County.
- Due to high community transmission in certain areas of the State, the Sawyer County Public Health Officer recommends that you stay in your permanent home and not travel to your seasonal or second home in Sawyer County. Read the full advisory here: Travel Advisory For Seasonal or Second Homeowners 03-21-2020
Sawyer County Administrator’s Office Update
Health Organizations Links
State Orders Prohibiting Social Gathering
- (Safer At Home Order)
- Emergency Order #8
- Emergency Order #5
- Food Service Establishments Restrictions ( )
- (WDHS fact sheet)
Sawyer County Schools at Home Food Service
- Winter Schools: The Winter School District will be delivering food bags to all school families that request them, starting March 23rd. If you would like to receive Breakfast and lunch grab and go bags call 715-266-3301 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 20th. Any children 18 years and under may receive one. If any child has a peanut allergy, please let us know.
- Hayward Schools:
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School: ()
Sawyer County Senior Resource Center (SRC)
- Need Assistance Picking Up Groceries? If you, or someone you know, is considered high risk and would like assistance getting groceries delivered to your residence, please contact the Sawyer County Senior Resource Center by calling
- Suggested Shopping Times for Local Senior Citizens: Marketplace - Daily from 6 am - 7am Walmart - Every Tuesday from 6 am - 7am
- SRC Assisting with Medication Pick-up Please contact the Senior Resource Center at if you need assistance with picking up medications.
- SRC Update ( )
Sawyer County Food Shelves/Pantries
- Birchwood Food Shelf, 113-115 Main Street, Birchwood 1st and 3rd Monday & Saturday 10:30-1:30, Contact: Lucille Evertson 715-416-3139
- Harvest of Friends Food Pantry, 5459 N. County Hwy W, Winter Fri. and Sat. 11-2, Contact: Blaire Shydlowski 715-609-0052 OR 715-266-8602
- Hayward Community Food Shelf, 16216 W US HWY 63, Hayward Every Monday 9-12 & 1st Saturday 9-12, Contact: Barb Schweig 715-634-4237
- Northwoods Food Shelf, Located at Spider Lake Youth Center, 11255 N. State Rd 77, Hayward Wednesday and Friday 10-3, Contact: Bill Grammer 715-699-4449
- LCO Food Distribution, 9026 N. Round Lake School Rd, Hayward, 715-634-3677
- , Wesleyan Church, Hayward 3rd Thur. of the month, 5:30-7:30 pm. $20.00 to purchase a share. 651-674-0009,
LCO Senior Center (Elder Care):
- Delivering 5 days of meals on Mondays. Office open by appointments only 8-4:30
- Contact Terrance Manuelito or Doreen Wolf
- Will be providing door-stop services only. Pleas call in to dispatch to make reservation for all rides. Deviated fixed route or "shuttle bus" will not be operating until further notice
- Please call dispatch at to schedule your ride.
- For medical non-emergency rides outside of the service area, please call Kayla Grover at
How to Protect Your Family
Disaster Distress Helpline
- If all the talk about COVID-19 is making you feel overwhelmed or frightened, contact the SAMHSA Disaster Helpline:
- Call DistressLine at 1-800-985-5990
- Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- The SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7 365 day-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human caused-disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents of the United States and its territories.
- Example: Am I at risk of contracting COVID-19 from receiving packages?
- And much more (click link above)
Upcoming April 7th 2020 Spring Elections Information